Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Best Dad



Here is a card that I made before I got sick. I am trying to get back into it. My first step was to clean up down in my craft studio so I actually have a place to stamp. Now that is done I am hoping to have a few good days to make up some cards. I really do miss it,but when you are just not feeling good it is hard to be creative in any way shape or form.


Any way on to the card.......


I used the new stamp from Stampin' Up! called Sail Away. It is a single stamp and I absolutely love it!! I stamped it on very vanilla card stock and used my wonder color crayons and an aqua pen to color it in. After it was done and dry I ran it through my big shot with the square lattice embossing folder. I also ran the other piece of very vanilla through the EB folder to give it more texture. The colored card stock I used was Night of Navy.


It is an easy card to make and I think the look is nice and subtle with the watercolor look. I never seem to have enough stamps to make masculine cards and I think that this stamp is one perfect one to add to my large and ever growing stamp collection.


Hope you enjoy it and .....

Happy crafting,

Gail

6 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gail this is gorgeous! I love the clean design and the embossing throughout the card! I hope you get to feeling better soon. It is no fun trying to be creative when you don't feel 100%. Hugs! :)

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card! I really like the embossing. Guy cards are so hard for me, this one is perfect. :-)

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is stunning! Love the softness of it with the embossing. Hope you feel better and it is more important to get rest and feel better, then the wonderful creativity you have will come back faster :)

Samantha said...

love the idea of texturizing after stamping

Unknown said...

Very cute, love the embossing!

Imke said...

Absolutely gorgeous ! The embossed background (one of my favorite EB folder) looks fantastic !! A great masculine card !

Post a Comment